Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Day

Hello :)

Because I am nice and happy today so I'll post a poem and then a song OK?


Poem Of The Day:

Summer on the Farm

On the broad, flat plains of Kansas,
Demeter sweats, shuffles, bent double
with her hoe. In her wake are live things

boiling from the ground. A riot
of vegetables, cucumbers
tomatoes and sweetpeas, all jostling

towards the sun. The vines writhe,
seething across the earth. The goddess
with the hoe squints backwards. Soon

she will take her knife, loosen the soil,
free them from the hollowed ground.
It will feel like giving birth.

Persephone, sullen, curled in a window seat,
stares glaze-eyed at the burgeoning garden
and craves pomegranates in the middle of July.

Catherine Osborne


Xtra:

Song Of The Day:

"Breakaway"

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away

[Chorus:]
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway

[Chorus]

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway

I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway

Thanks for reading!

No comments: